No matter how small the Mauritius Island is, but it has a reliable road network of 2066 kilometers. If you are looking for a set of wheels for your next trip to Mauritius, you should probably consider hiring car rental Mauritius services as it makes an ideal solution in various situations.
It is obviously a good feeling to have a high-end vehicle at your disposal 24 hours a day. The freedom to come and go any corner of the Mauritius is just incredible. You will come across plenty of international and local car hire Mauritius service providers competing for your booking.
Check that the rental company offers extras you need for your vacation such as: surf, bike rack or a child seat. If you request a baby car seat then make sure it’s a renowned make.
When Rent a Car in Mauritius Island – Here Is What You Can Do
- After you rent a car, it’s time to get on the road and look around the tropical island with its several pristine beaches.
- Mauritius is home to some of the rarest plants and animals in the world and some can be seen in the Black River Gorges National Park.
- You may take in a soccer game or enjoy a horse race.
- Since Mauritius is something of a melting pot, there are a diverse variety of Hindu, Muslim and Christian religious festivals all around the year and similarly, their cuisine also reflects the European, Creole, Chinese and Indian influences.
- The sega is one of the most popular local forms of song and dance but Asian music and rock music can also be heard.
Driving in Mauritius
Like all other countries, Mauritius has its own road rules. Here are a few of them to keep in mind when driving your car rental in Mauritius:
- Street signs are in English but follow the ISO or European patterns.
- Roads in Mauritius are narrow so be careful while passing other vehicles on the road.
- As Mauritius is part of the British Commonwealth, traffic flows on the left of the road.
We are quite hopeful that you will find the above mentioned handy for your trip to the beautiful island. Pack your bags, book your air tickets, fly to your favorite island and explore the gorgeous place in a luxurious car.